Appreciation Day -2010

In the late 80's, I invented my own holiday that I named Appreciation Day.  I chose August because with the exception of my birthday, it is typically a slower month. I chose the 25th because not only do I like that number but it is only four months away from a more conventional holiday on the 25th of December.

Even though I appreciate having a day which brings my attention to the people, places and things that I appreciate in my life --without feeling compelled or obligated to give tangible proof of my appreciation-- and although I have written about this day several times, it doesn't seem to catch on with anyone else.

Maybe I should take the hint.


This year, I found myself leaning ever so slightly towards things I would like to have in my life to appreciate ( like having more time so I could learn to use the new features on Blogger and write more).  I had to make a concerted effort to engage myself in appreciation. Then I made my usual list and then attempted to make my atypical list of things for which I am grateful or appreciative.
Ho hum.
Uh oh.

Maybe I am in the midst of a transformation.  Lately, I have been more restless, listless and bordering on ennui.  In fact,  I have noticed I am not enjoying my usual rhythm of multitasking and juggling several plates in the air.  Is it the heat of summer? Is it just coming off a birthday? (Yes, I know that research studies are proving that multitasking ain't all it's cracked up to be. However, I have been doing it since grade school and it feels deeply ingrained in my wiring).

I know I appreciate the forum that this blog gives me to write.  And I oh so appreciate the stalwart souls who find themselves interested or curious enough to come back to see what I share. And I appreciated  editor, Mary Miller, putting my daily guide in today's entry for the August issue of Agape's Inner Visions.  After all, maybe she remembered it was Appreciation Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Ruby-throated sparrow ..."

Calling All Angels

Electionitis - 2016